Siemens NX provides a common platform for product development with advanced solutions not only for designing, but for simulation and manufacturing as well. Formerly known as NX Unigraphics, it is a high end CAD / CAM / CAE software solution suite for PLM. NX provides seamless integration that enables you to process information and changes rapidly across all development disciplines.
Siemens NX is used for:
- Advanced conceptual designing, 3D modelling and documentation
- Multidiscipline simulation for structural, motion, thermal, flow, multiphysics and optimization applications
- Complete part manufacturing solutions for tooling, machining and quality inspection
NX can help companies that provide product design services to give quality innovative solutions at a lower cost with comprehensive 3D product design. The latest version of Siemens NX allows design companies the freedom to select wireframe, surface, solid parametric or direct modelling techniques with seamless interchange
- Reduces design time by more than 30 percent, thereby increasing productivity
- Encourages re-use as it gels seamlessly with data from other CAD systems
- Validates designs against product requirements
- Allows smarter design decisions with better visual analytics
- Delivers flexible shape creation and analysis tools
Siemens NX is used in all manufacturing segments like Automotive, Industrial Machinery, Power and Energy, Consumer Goods etc and also in companies that provide CAD services and CAE services like industrial design & styling, package design, mechanical design, electromechanical systems design, mechanical simulation, electromechanical simulation, tooling & fixture design, machining and engineering process management.